Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service means keeping and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server managed by a website hosting company. There are different classes of hosting services used for different ends, so let's study these. Thus, you can elect what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a web site, mail addresses, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by some file storage providers, which allows you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage services often include ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given spell of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely imprecise interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between individual sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given companies offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is good if you desire to share an immense quantity of pictures with mates or associates since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your email address accounts. Some providers provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can open email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to utilize as many video files as you want to without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to keep a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At koganti Hosting, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific web content only.